cli-sedHow can I use sed command line options to modify text files?
sed command line tool can be used to modify text files. It works by reading a file line-by-line and applying a set of operations on each line that matches a given pattern.
For example, the following code will replace all occurrences of the word
goodbye in the file
sed 's/hello/goodbye/g' hello.txt
The code consists of the following parts:
sedcommand line tool.
sstands for substitution,
hellois the pattern to be replaced,
goodbyeis the replacement, and
gstands for global, meaning all occurrences of the pattern should be replaced.
hello.txt: The file to be modified.
For more information about the
sed command line tool, see the following resources:
More of Cli Sed
- How do I use the command line to compress a file using SED and ZIP?
- How can I set up the Xcode command line interface?
- How can I use SED in a Windows command line interface?
- How do I use the CLI to configure Zabbix?
- How can I use the command line to compress and edit files with sed and zip?
- How can I use CLI sed and Yarn together to develop software?
- How can I use a variable with the sed command line tool?
- How can I use the CLI sed command to encrypt a password?
- How can I use sed in a command line interface?
- How can I use cli sed to select an Azure subscription?
See more codes...