cli-sedHow do I download and use the CLI version of Sed?
- Download the source code for the CLI version of Sed from GNU ftp.
- Unpack the source code using your favorite unzip program.
- Navigate into the source code directory and run
./configureto configure the program for your system.
maketo build the program.
make installto install the program.
sed --helpto view the available options for using Sed.
- To use Sed, you can run a command such as
sed 's/foo/bar/g' foo.txtwhich will replace all instances of
barin the file
Example code block:
$ sed 's/foo/bar/g' foo.txt
Output of example code:
sed: The Sed command.
s/foo/bar/g: The substitution command which replaces all instances of
foo.txt: The file to apply the substitution to.
More of Cli Sed
- How do I use the CLI to configure Zabbix?
- How can I use the command line to compress and edit files with sed and zip?
- How can I use SED in a Windows command line interface?
- How do I use the command line to compress a file using SED and ZIP?
- How can I use sed in a command line interface?
- How can I use a variable with the sed command line tool?
- How can I set up the Xcode command line interface?
- How do I use the command line to edit text using sed?
- How can I use cli sed to select an Azure subscription?
- How do I use sed to add quotes around a string in a command line interface?
See more codes...